Sunday, May 21, 2023

Alzheimer's From Purpose to Passion

 I have just published a book about my personal journey with Alzheimer's disease.  I started writing in 1995, when my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, my favorite aunt had a brain tumor and died, and my mother in law had a stroke, all within a month.

It was one of the most difficult times in my life and I had dreams that my legs were cut off.  I began writing as therapy to help me through the rough times.  I wrote about 30 pages and then just put it all away.   This year my sister was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and the journey began anew, so I found my writings and decided to publish.

Alzheimer's disease is such a difficult disease to understand and manage.   Merely trying to understand what was happening was challenging and back in 1995 there was not as much known as there is today.    

In the book, I share my purpose, which was to find help for my mother and to understand all  the challenges we, as a family, were faced with.   That led to a twenty year career with the Alzheimer's Association which became my passion. 

The book is available on Amazon.  "Alzheimer's From Purpose to Passion" in both paperback & Ebook versions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment