Tuesday, December 29, 2020

What's it all about

 As I look back over my life there have been many times when I wondered what life is truly about.  Why am I here in this specific time and what is my responsibility.

Several years ago I had West Nile Virus and after 56 days in the hospital it took me a good year to recover.  Many people asked me if I had an epiphany and I couldn't really say that I did.  There were so many people who prayed for me and supported me & my family during my recovery.  They called me the Miracle Lady and I felt very blessed to have recovered from such a difficult illness.  

It has been 7 years since my illness and I am strong & healthy for the most part.  Maybe an ache or pain here & there but generally pretty healthy.  I sometimes wondered why I was spared from the near death experience but now as I look back and see what is happening in my life I am beginning to see why my life continues.

I have four grandchildren who live near me and as they mature and search for meaning in their lives I have noticed that they are reaching out to me with their questions & concerns. It is such a blessing to me for them to call or come by and borrow books I have or discuss my thoughts & beliefs about life.  I have become the Matriarch in the family and am convinced that my life is about living on purpose and doing my best to live in the present or just to BE.  

So many times we think we have to constantly be doing something or making things happen in our lives and yet learning to be true to ourselves actually brings great benefit to us and those around us.  

Last week my two grandsons come over for a Winter Solstice Meditation.  As we sat out in the grass in my back yard the three of us were listening to a beautiful mediation and as we sat there we noticed the birds gathering in the yard and sitting as if they were mesmerized by the music.  It was a perfect time to observe the present and be grateful.  

So for me it is all about living my life to the best of my ability every day & to endeavor to live the life I have imagined.  It reminds me of a quote that Wayne Dyer used.

"When you advance confidently in the direction of your dreams & endeavor to live the life you have imagined.  You will have success unaccounted for in the common hour."

PERHAPS THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment