Tuesday, February 2, 2021

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH THE TOUGH GET GOING

Yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor regarding back pain.  For several months the pain in my lower back has been increasing.  The doctors recommended injections but after three without sustained relief the next recommendation is either to live with it or have surgery.  The doctor highly recommended that I try to live with it if I can.  

When I first went to the doctor he asked me what I had done so far to address the issue.  I have been to a Chiropractor, used Reike, Dowsing, healing meditation, physical therapy, massage therapy, etc.  I had tried anything that I was aware of so I was actively participating in my well being.  And yet, while I have been dealing with the increasing pain I found that I was dependent upon the doctors to find an answer and relieve the issues.  Somehow by depending on the doctors I felt like a victim and was powerless. 

After leaving the doctor's office I thought do I just sit down & cry or stand strong and take care of myself.  Then I heard my mother's voice saying, "When the going get's tough, the tough get going,"  I remember her saying that so many times in my childhood.  So what does that really mean to me today?  

I never really like feeling like a victim or thinking I have no control over my life good or bad.  So today I will meditate daily using my superconscious mind to align my body.  I will allow positive thoughts to hold my attention and I will see myself being strong & healthy.  It's time for the tough in me to get going.   

No comments:

Post a Comment