Monday, January 20, 2020

I HAVE A DREAM

Today is Martin Luther King Day and it is a day to honor a man who stood for good in our country.  Imagine what kind of things he could have done if he had not been killed.  He stood for justice, liberty and kindness to all.

Today I have a dream also.  My dream is that we look at our friends, neighbors, and countrymen without making judgments about whether they are right or wrong in there beliefs & views. One of my teachers & mentors encouraged me to look at everything as merely interesting.  Once we make a decision about something we stop taking in information and are therefore limited in our views. 

Have you ever been to a meeting or workshop and noticed when someone is speaking that those in the audience are either affirming by nodding their head or disagreeing by shaking their head.  The minute you do that you have stopped listening.  How simple it could be just to take in the information without any opinion. 

I have challenged myself to read Facebook and merely take in the information without the need to "like" or respond in any way.  Sometimes it is really hard just to observe but I truly think that is the best answer.  I have noticed for myself that by responding I am either agreeing with or disagreeing and I am no longer objective.  I am also making a judgment about those who have posted the information. 

So I encourage myself and others to stand on the shoulders of Martin Luther King and have a dream that love & kindness replace any judgment. I hope you find this INTERESTING.

No comments:

Post a Comment