Thursday, October 24, 2019

Ho Opono Pono

I love you
I am sorry
Please forgive me
Thank you

I have been practicing this old Hawaiian tradition for several years.  I repeat it daily to myself but until recently I didn't understand the true meaning.  As I reflect on it today it has gained greater meaning for me.  

Whenever I think of a person or situation I repeat "I love you."   All I am responsible for is to send out love in every situation.  No judgement and no thoughts as to good or bad.  Just sending out love to all.

The next part "I am sorry" requires me to take full responsibility for all that is happening in my life.  It doesn't matter if I did something to be sorry for or not but to take responsibility for my life and my movie for I am the creator and director of my life.  When we begin to take that responsibility then the way we look at life changes.  It doesn't become a burden but a release and freedom.  As long as we look at life being a victim of our circumstances we are powerless to change anything, however, when we are responsible we have great influence.

"Please forgive me" for I am responsible for all that happens in my movie.  By taking responsibility I have the power to change things and make amends for everything that is not of my highest and best.  As long as we give others responsibility or blame for what happens in our lives we are giving others power over us and we are powerless to change it.  This step actually neutralizes all negativity.

"Thank You" for being part of my movie and life and for playing your role that allows me to grow and become the best ME I can.  Everything whether we consider it good or bad, all actually works together for our good.

All we have to do is to affirm these statements to ourselves daily and soon you will begin to understand on a much deeper level the blessing of life.

So, I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me and thank you for the wonderful part you play in my movie and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment