Monday, December 8, 2014

Life Is How You Look At It

I was impressed by the young man who cuts my hair this week.  As he was working on me he told me that he had the best day yesterday and was so lucky.  When I asked him what happened he began to explain.  "I was in the grocery store yesterday when they called out over the loud speaker for someone who drives a Camaro to please come to the front of the store.  Since I drive a Camaro I went up to see what they wanted.  Evidently my car had rolled down from the front of the store across the parking lot filled with cars and people and hit a brick wall.  The car was all bent in but can you imagine how lucky I was that it didn't hit another car or especially a person."  When he told his 14 year old daughter she said Dad you are the luckiest man.

As I listened to him I reflected on the incredible outlook he has on life.  Rather than complain about his car being damaged all he could think about was how lucky he was that nobody was hurt.  He was so sincere and it made me happy just to be in his presence.

I was reminded of a quote I heard that said "Two men looked out through prison bars one saw mud the other stars."  It is all in how you look at things.  Actually our lives are based on the choices we make every day.  I have always tried to be a positive thinker but it is much more than just thinking positively.  It is the reflection of our true beliefs and those are the things that manifest in our lives.

I am so grateful to live in a place where I am surrounded by ordinary people who do extraordinary things.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment