Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cry for Happy

Have you ever been so happy you cried?  Well the past two weeks have been a challenge for my family beginning with a trip to the emergency room for my husband who was having a heart attack.  He woke me up and said he was having chest pains and needed to go to the emergency room.  He didn't want me to call an ambulance but being uncomfortable driving him all the way to the hospital I stopped at our neighborhood fire station and they immediately began to work with him and got the ambulance there quickly.

At the hospital doctors were already in place and within thirty minutes he was in surgery to put in three stents to remove blockages in his heart.  The doctors complimented us for acting so quickly and getting him there in a timely manner.  I was so grateful first that he recognized that something was wrong and then that we reacted so quickly and possibly saved hi life.  I was so happy I cried.

He continued having chest pains and had to go in for two more stents a couple of days later but all was well and we knew that he was now on the road to recovery.  However he had a reaction to the medications and had some complications that caused him to be sedated for 4 days but his heart was strong so I cried I was so happy.

After 12 days in the hospital he was to be released.  Driving to the hospital that morning I had the radio on and since it was only five days til Christmas the Christmas music was playing.  The song "I'll Be Home for Christmas" was playing and I was overwhelmed with gratitude so I cried.

It is now Christmas Eve and this will be the best Christmas ever because he is doing well and we have a new awareness about how precious life is.  Many times we get into the hustle and bustle of the holidays and don't take time to realize all the blessings of family and friends.  We have been so very blessed to have the prayers and support of our friends and know for certain how important they are.

So for today I wish you all a blessed day filled with peace and love.  I will pay attention to each thing this day that I often take for granted and enjoy the sunshine or rain, the warmth or the cold,  the noise or the silence and thank God for all.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment