Thursday, May 15, 2014

Law of Cycles

There is a natural law that refers to the cycles in our lives.  What goes up must come down, the tide flows in and out, and the sun and moon circle around the earth.  I listened to a speaker talking about this and he said that it is natural for us to have up and downs.  We can count on things changing around us and know that things do not stay the same.

It has always amazed me to notice how I can get into a down state and then how quickly it will change and I am happy as can be.  The speaker said that the time we spend in the upper part of the cycle can influence the down time.  There is a balance between the cycles and the more we concentrate on the positive while up minimizes the down time.

My mother used to make the statement "This too shall pass."  I have come to rely on those wise words realizing that no matter how difficult things may be at any time it will pass and in the natural cycle things will be better once again.  I think it is important for us to acknowledge this and allow ourselves to get into the flow of life.  I remember the song we sang in grade school.  "Row row row your boat gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream."  It is actually rather profound.  All we have to do is row our own boat gently without struggle down the stream or direction we are already going and to do it merrily or with a happy heart for our life is but a dream.

This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment