Monday, February 3, 2014

Observer

I am finding since my illness that I am much quieter.  One reason is because my voice is still weak but I am finding that I also am much more observant.  I am interested in hearing what others have to say rather than speaking myself.

It is nice to listen to others and more so it is good not to have to form an opinion about what is being said.  I remember my Neuro-Linguistic teacher saying it is good to look at things without forming an opinion and just see them as interesting rather than good or bad.  There is a lot of freedom in taking this perspective. 

Many times in my life I have found it hard to refrain from opinions about things.  Post West Nile I look at things differently.  I suppose when you have no control over things in your life it is easier to allow life to flow.  I am hoping to keep this thought process for I think it is more beneficial this way. 

As the observer, I can reflect on what others are saying, listen to them and enjoy.  I have no need to respond but can reflect.  So I am quieter and it doesn't mean that I am not interested but that I am more interested in my friends and what they say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment