Friday, March 22, 2013

Fear

I have been caught up in fear for a few months and it has just dawned on me that I have nothing to fear but fear itself.  How useless it is to focus our thoughts on something that may not ever come to pass.  When we spend our energy on fear it only produces more fear.

So how do we get ourselves out of fear and into a position of faith?  We do it step by step or bite by bite as we would eat an elephant.  Our minds don't automatically switch but when we intend to do something the universe or God flows through us to fulfill our desires.

So I reflect on times I trusted all was well, think about how I felt and what I was seeing.  That brings the past experience to life and I know that it can happen again.  I look for ways to change my state of mind and rely on times that I was successful in doing so.  There is nothing that builds trust for the future like remembering the past successes.

So for today, I will go forth into the future trusting that all will be in perfect order and whenever doubts arise I will remember all the times that turned out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment