Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Present

My husband and I came to the lake on Thursday to celebrate my birthday.  It has been such a nice weekend and I have enjoyed the quiet time.  It was cold yesterday so I sat on the deck of the boat with a blanket around me.  Today the sun is shining but you can smell fall in the air with the cool crisp air.  We went out on the big boat this morning and the water was calm and beautiful.

This afternoon I am sitting reading and listening to music.  It is so relaxing.  As I look out at the calm water and listen to the beautiful music I have the feeling of being at total peace.  I get a euphonic feeling almost like I could cry for joy.  I am perfectly content to be right here, right now and enjoy the present.  The present is actually the greatest gift we have and yet so much of the time we are thinking about the past or the future.  I am enjoying the present moment and I am grateful.

A few minutes ago the Garth Brooks song, "If Tomorrow Never Comes,"played on the Ipod.  I thought about it and realized if tomorrow never comes I am fulfilled in the perfect day and so very glad that I am aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment