Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Way

I watched a movie tonight called "The Way".   As I watched it I felt a sweet recognition of the need to be true to myself.  I have times that I feel  a true connection to my highest self and there is a sweetness that is like coming home.  I think we all strive at one time or another in our lives to reach our goal or to find our true self.  In the movie people traveled the Santiago de Compestina in Spain to find their true self.  That is actually impossible because our true goal is to be the best self we can be and it is within ourselves not somewhere outside of us.  No matter where we go or what we do the answers to life are within us.  That is where our God Source resides.

At times in my life I felt that if a said God's will be done that I would have to leave where I am and become a missionary in Africa.  I have learned over the years that I am to bloom exactly where I am planted and that is God's will for my life.  There is no other goal or mission other than to be the very best me that I can be.  There is no goal, there is no specific thing we have to achieve but our own highest and best.

Sometimes I think that there is a difference in my work and my spiritual journey but I am certain that it is all the same.  My highest and best and my truest self is being the best at my daily work.  Do I inspire others to be their best in my daily work?  As I interract with my grandchildren, do I allow them to be their highest selves around me and encourage them to see themselves as perfect?  Do I allow those with whom I come in contact to feel better after having been around me?  If so then I am definitely fulfilling my personal quest as the God source that I desire to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment