Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve Celebration

My husband and I had a big party to celebrate the new year coming in last night.  We invited four of our favorite guests, our grandchildren.  We have two grandsons age 12 and grandaughters 9 and 7.  We got party hats, noise makers and all the things you need to have a big celebration includiong sparkling lemonaid.  We taught them all how to play Blackjack and even our 7 year old caught on and had a good time playing.  She just didn't like losing her chips. 

After that I had all the kids write down a goal for the year and put their name and date on it.  We will save them until next year and look at them to see how well we have done in accomplishing our goals.  I want them to learn to live their lives on purpose and be aware of what they are putting into their future.  Even the 7 year old was able to write down something she wanted but she assured me that she could not do it for a year.  That is way too long to try to do something.  I think she may be the most honest of all because as adults we often write down things we will do and call them resolutions when we are quite certain that we will not keep it up for a year.  Perhaps it is good just to try. 

I don't have any specific resoutions or goals this year but I did read an article in the newspaper where a lady said she was going to focus on one word for the year.  Her word is light.  I think that might be a wonderful thing for me to do also.  I think my word will be FLOW.  I will remember to go with the flow or sing that old song, row, row, row your boat gently down the stream; merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream.  To me that song represents going with the flow and rowing my boat gently down the stream not up the stream; and to have fun doing it merrily for life is but a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment