Thursday, December 29, 2011

End of Year

We are ending the year of 2011 and it seems like only yesterday that we were celebrating 2000.  Time goes by so quickly and as I get older it seems to go even faster.  I remember over the years how I sat down and wrote out my goals for the coming new year.  It is interesting as I look back at those lists of goals how many have actually come true for me.  In my experience once I take the time to write down the goals and make them very specific seeing, hearing and feeling them as if they have already happened makes them come true.  I practice goal reaching instead of goal setting and that seems to make all the difference.

Some people don't like new year's resolutions but I believe that it gives us the opportunity to stop and reflect about what we truly want in our lives.  It is like a map to the future and it will energize your deepest desires.  Sometimes the resolutions are like prayers and they include all the things we wish for those around us.  I want my family to be healthy and happy.  I would love to have peace on earth but if I can't have peace everywhere I want peace in my heart.  Perhaps that peace will reflect on others around me if I practice it daily.  They say we need to be the peace that we desire and it must start with us.  What does that mean?  It means that we consciously make choices that are for the good of all rather than just what is best for us alone.  It has been amazing to me over the years that the more I work on myself the better the world is.  Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment