Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fun

I noticed this weekend how easy it is for some people to have fun.  I could hear the easy laughter and spontaneiety within the groups at the lake.  Some were water skiing or being pulled on a float bouncing around the lake and laughing through the fear and anxiety.  I notice that some people are just more fun than others and are willing to push themselves to let go.  I tend to be more serious and while I think I have a good sense of humor I don't tend to be the one leading the fun. 
One evening we were sitting on the back deck of the boat visiting with our grandchidren and my daughter.  The children are naturally funny and easy going.  One of them said something and I laughed so hard my side hurt.  It was nice just to let go and let the laughter flow freely.  It was really therapeutic for me. 
There was a man who worked for me years ago and whenever he entered a room he brought laughter and fun with him.  He was such a pleasure to be around and I still miss his great energy and light.  I thought a lot about fun this weekend and I realized that it is my responsibility to make my own fun.  I pledged to myself to surround myself with lots of fun people and laugh a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment