Friday, March 4, 2011

Lillies of the Field

One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is "Remember the lillies of the field, they toil not neither do they spin."  This has always been comforting for me because in our world there is the impression that if we want to succeed we need to always do more. What I understand from the scripture is that the lillies of the field do not work or try.  They are perfect just as they are and because they are. 
If only we could realize that everything is perfect just as it is along with our desire to improve it.  The lillies of the field know who they are from their seed.  There is no way that they strive to become a rose because that is not possible.  They just allow themselve to become the best lilly they can be without fretting or stressing that they need to be different or more.  How beautiful is that?
Have you ever considered that you are perfect just as you are?  You don't need to be like your neighbor, friend, sister or brother.  You are the only one who can be you and you can only be you without toiling or spinning.  Wow.   I have found that in silence, prayer or meditation I have the knowledge of who I truly am and I find a sense of comfort in being me and only me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment