Monday, June 21, 2021

Creating Fun In My Life

I am now 77 years old and have lived a good life.  It was filled with normal things, good bad and ugly.  However as I reflect back on my life I am grateful for it all.  I could have done without many of the challenges but if I hadn't gone through them I am not sure I would be who I am today and I really like myself today.  

I married and had two children and four grandchildren that continue to bless me each day. They all live near me so I have had the opportunity to be a part of their lives from birth to college.  I see many of my friends whose children live far away and I know that I have been blessed to be with my grandchildren on a day to day basis.  

I have attended pre-school plays and activities, ball games, swim meets, band concerts and all kind of things they were involved in.  I enjoyed them all as I cheered them on as if they were all Stars.  Looking back on their lives I am grateful that I got to be a regular part of their activities.  

I have searched for the meaning of life and attended classes that provided answers at the time.  Even though I was constantly changing each class I experienced led me closer to the real me.  That continues to change every day of my life.  I remember one time my son told me he just wished that I would decide what I believed so he would know what to believe.  I told him then that if I was still alive I would continue to change.  

My husband died a couple of years ago and I mourned his loss for sure but I soon realized that I didn't die with him and I still had a life to live. So now at this stage in my life I find that I am no longer searching for life's meaning but endeavoring to live the best I can based on all my experiences.  At this point my goal is to have fun and be happy.  This probably should have been my goal all my life but we tend to think we have to take life seriously. 

I am enjoying friends who are in my life and love dancing once again with an old friend.  I am pretty healthy for my age and feel fortunate to be able to do the things I enjoy.  I am truly creating FUN in my life and enjoying what the future has to offer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment