Friday, November 14, 2014

A Strong Woman

What does it mean to be  a strong woman?  Sometimes being strong is lonely, fearful and anxious but I suppose the strong women moves forward no matter what the circumstances.  To me a strong woman is one who is able to deal with life as it comes and keep moving forward.

I remember when I first married and how frightened I was because it was all new to me.  I was not quite sure what was expected of me and yet I did my best and I was strong.  When  I became a mother I wanted to be the best mother and I was so honored to have my child depend on me.  It was a real blessing to have that life depend on me and there was no way I would let him down so I was strong.  The challenges of life continue as we evolve and learn to be and there were so many times that I was unsure and didn't know what to do but I was strong.

I didn't realize that I had any other choice but to be strong for others were dependent upon me and I surely couldn't let them down.  As I moved forward I became strong.  Fears and anxieties overcame me many times but I knew I could not give up so I continued and just did my best.  I remember times that I was so lonely and unsure but there was no way but to keep going and put one foot in front of the other.

I remember watching the movie "Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom" and in it they were searching for the Holy Grail.  They had overcome so many obstacles and then were faced with a deep crevass not knowing what to do next.  The minute they stepped forward the bridge appeared and the way was revealed so they could go forward.

Such is life.  We are never really sure what lies ahead but we keep moving forward in faith believing in ourselves because we are strong.  Therein lies the secret to life for you see it is all an allusion and we must be willing to face the future and seek they joys that lie before us.  Over and over throughout my life I have had people describe me as being strong and I reflect, is there any other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment