Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day

Tomorrow is Father's Day and it is the first time in three years that I have been able to spend the day with my husband.  It makes me sad to think about it but there were other needs in the family that I attended to and being the wonderful, caring father that my husband is, he encouraged me to put our children first.

When we are young and have no children we cannot imagine the willingness to sacrifice our own wants and needs for another.  However, when you have children, you realize that there is nothing in the world more important than caring for and loving them.  Sacrifices become second nature and through that a young father learns to be a man.

As we raised our family I know that there were many times that my husband was not sure about which way to go but he always made certain that our needs were met and that we were safe and secure.  He protected us from the challenges that life brought and was a welcome sense of strength to us.  He put our needs first as he navigated through life continually moving forward with a confidence that seemed so sure yet I am sure that there were many times that he forged ahead unwilling to consider failure.

I am grateful to my husband, the father of my children, for all he has taught us.  He is a good, kind man who has made my life so interesting and full.  I honor all the fathers who have learned to be better men because they had children and cared for them so passionately.

Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment