Monday, January 21, 2013

This Too Shall Pass

My mother used this statement often as I was growing up.  As I reflect on it today, I look back on the many times in my life that I relied on these words.  They are comforting in times of trial and are encouraging as we continue to move forward even though we know not what the future holds. 

Many times we get down or depressed due to the current situation in our lives.  If we really think about things being in a constant state of change we realize that we can have faith in a better day to come.  A few days ago I saw a post on Facebook that said, "Angry and Confused. Don't know what to do."  At that point I remembered Mother's statement and realized that the person will find resources and ways to change their state of being.   Very few of us find ourselves in a place where we can't move into a better space. 

It is important to focus on the ability to find a way out of sadness and depend on that ability to assure a better day tomorrow.  There is even a song called "Tomorrow" that encourages us to look to the future and all will be better.  Remember it is only a day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment