Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

Today was an occurence that will only happen once in many years.  I don't think we really understand what the deeper meaning is but for me I chose to realize that today was a day that was special and will never occur again in my lifetime.

There are many projections and musings about this month and the end of the Mayan calendar on December 21.  Some say it is the end of the world and others say that our world has been preparing for a transition and now is the time.  While there seem to be increased challenges in our lives these days there are also exciting new ways of looking at life and opportunities to make better choices thereby changing the world around us.

My view has been that when extremely sad events happen in our lives it is like the end of the world for us while in that same day another may experience the best day of their lives.  It is the human experience.  There are peaks and valleys and we know that time will help to heal the sadness and loss and we will live for another day of glory.  My mother used to say "This too shall pass."  When I think about that as I am enveloped in sadness or depression it gives me courage to realize that life is fleeting and as the tides flow in and out so will the experiences of our lives.

So here we are at 12-12-12 and preparing for 12-21-12.  What will come into your life?  Will it be sadness or glory?  I think it is up to each of us to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment