Saturday, August 20, 2011

Perceptions

I read something today that said all emotions are about our perceptions of freedom or our perceptions of bondage.  Wow, that is a very profound statement.  We are either feeling open, flowing and free or we are feeling limited, controlled and stuck.  Those are my words.  As I thought about this I started thinking about how much I feel bound lately.  I yearn for the freedom to be myself but so often I feel limited by my work, family or by myself.  When it really comes down to it the biggest limit on my emotions comes from within me.

If that is true then what can I do to allow myself to feel the emotions of freedom within the same context?  What is it that truly controls me and prevents me from being my best?  Am I concerned about what someone else thinks about me more than what I know to be true.  I think I have often had the idea that to be free I had to be in a position where I didn't have to answer to anyone else.  If that is the case then I will never be free.  True freedom comes from my own perceptions and my perceptions will become my reality.  So how do I improve my emotions and my reality?  I think again of the quote that states, "Remember the Lillies of the field, they toil not neither do they spin." 

So today I give myself permission to be free.  I can choose to do what I want to do most every day but when I realize that in making those choices I am creating a freedom to be who I want to be.  It is my thoughts and emotions that create the perceptions anyway.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment