Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life

The last couple of weeks have been hectic for me.  We all have dreams and thoughts about how we want our lives to be and yet more often than not things seem to get in the way of happily ever after.  I have learned that when things get out of what I think is control it is even more important to rely on the steady things in my life like my family and friends.  Every one of us has challenges that we must face in life and we are most successful in resolving them when we call in our resources to assist us.

When we think we can handle life on our own we are depriving ourselves of the richness of all the support and encouragement around us.  How many times have you had something happen and you hope nobody finds out because they might judge you or dislike you?  I think it happens to most of us when in reality if we just open up and talk about the issue it becomes smaller and is much easier to handle. 

I am so grateful for all the love and genuine support arond me.  I have come to depend on my friends, co-workers and family to come to my aid whenever I need them.  It reminds me of the song..."No man is an island, no man stands alone, each man's joy is joy to me, each man's grief is my own.  We need one another so I will defend each man as my brother, each man as my friend."

1 comment: