Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Lake

Tonight  my husband and I are at the lake.  We have a houseboat and really enjoy the opportunity to get away and relax.  It is just getting dark and I can hear the fish jumping in the water.  The sunset in the skies showed glimmers of bright pink and orange in a greying sky.  All is quiet.  I listen for the sounds of nature as the quiet darkness surrounds me. 

There is a sense of calm and I have the feeling that all is well.  Today I enjoyed just spending time with my husband.  It was an uneventful day, stopping to check on one thing or another as we made our way to the boat.  I found myself experiencing the presaent moment.  Being totally present and realizing that the present moment was all that I needed.  So much of my time is spent regretting the past  or being concerned about the future.  The present is a gift and it is important for me to validate that precious time.  What more do I need right now than to be with one I love and spend ordinary moments with him.  I realize that things can happen and we may not always have these precious moments.  That is why I value them so much.  I don't want to look back and say I wish I had done this or that.  Today---- tonight I am in the present and appreciating all that I have right now.

All is quiet...all is well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment