Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Change

The only thing that is constant is change.  Isn't it funny that we say we don't like change but everything is in constant change every hour of every day.  They say that even the cells in our bodies replace themselves regularly.  So the things we think are the same are still changing.  So what is not changing? 

The furniture around me looks the same as it did yesterday.  The carpet, the building, house, etc. all appear the same.  So, is it only things that are alive that are changing?  Or is the change simply not visible?  I wonder.

I like change.  I like the newness of spring, the change of the seasons, the opportunity to try a new way or learn something that I didn't know before.  And yet, I have found over the years that I like change because I can depend on the things that are stable and consistent in my life.  I remember one of my teachers telling me  if I was stuck and couldn't find an answer, to move the furniture, take a different route to work or just do something differently and the answer will come.  Also, if my husband and I were not getting along and we needed to improve the dynamics in our relationship, creating change around us will immediately begin to change the relationship.

So I guess the moral of this story is to welcome change and apprecite the fact that we can count on it.  How sad it would be if we could not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment