Monday, August 11, 2014

Super Moon

Last night my husband and I along with some friends were out in the desert.  It was raining lightly when we arrived so we sat under an awning and visited.  The evening was so nice and cool and we enjoyed the time together.  The men were shooting clay targets and practicing their shooting skills.

As it began to get dark we saw the beautiful "Super Moon" rise over the mountain.  It was a large orange ball that grew larger as it rose higher in the sky.  The view was so beautiful that it created a sense of serenity and peacefulness.  Looking out at the desert mountains with the moon shining so brightly I experienced a sense of well being and appreciation of the present moment.

I observed the moon with awe and gratitude that I was alive to see this gift of nature.  It was almost a year ago that I became ill with West Nile virus and spent 52 days in the hospital recovering so there was a good chance that I could not have been here to see the incredible view.  From time to time I have an overwhelming awareness of how close I came to death and with that reality comes a new appreciation for the precious present and the gifts of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment