Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tap Recital

Today I went to a tap recital for my 6 year old grand daughter.  She is quite a ham and as the children came out on the stage she seemed to be having a lot of fun.  When I watch children performing it always brings a tear to my eyes because I see them doing their best and being so innocent.  They are not professionals of course and their level of expertise is not that great but their effort is outstanding. 

The children had the opportunity to perform several dances and they got better with each one but the idea is not how well they performed but that they had the expereince of performing on stage in front of an audience.  It really helps them to develop their confidence and courage.  All the experiences of our lives help to make us the people we are.  Exposing children to different opportunities enables them to learn what they are good at and and what they like to do.  It is also a time for family to provide support as the children move out of their comfort zones and learn new things.

Those things are good lessons for all of us.  How many times do we as adults have a safe environment in which to try something new?   The family support shows that we are interested in the child and that we believe in their ability to do well.  I remember sitting through track meets, horse shows, livestock shows, 4-H, piano recitals and all kinds of school performances for my children.  Each one was special and well worth the time and effort on my part. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment